Leicestershire Counsellor Directory
Search » David Corry-Bass
101 Amadis Road
I have been working with children and young people since 2000. Initially in nurseries, after school groups and Sure Start centres he went on to become a trainer & assessor in Early Years and Childcare in 2007 before being appointed Lecturer in 2009.
I commenced my play therapy training in 2015 through Leeds Becket University & The Academy of Play and Child Psychotherapy and is now a certified play therapist, registered with Play Therapy UK (PTUK) and can be found on the PSA Register of Play and Creative Arts Therapists; and now runs Growing Together (Counselling & Psychotherapy Leicester).
As well as the Postgraduate Diploma in Play Therapy (passed with Distinction), David also holds a Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Studies, and a Master of Arts in Education. The later of these has enabled David to be appointed a Fellow of the Society of Education and Training, with QTLS (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills) status.
I maintain my professional registration with PTUK through a portfolio of CPD activities and is up to date with all the requirements for clinical supervision, information governance and safeguarding - including holding an enhanced DBS check.
Qualifications and Training
- Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy
- Postgraduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play Skills
- PCAP - Parent-Child Attachment Play
- MA Education (Teaching & Learning)
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education - Teaching & Learning in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PGCE)
- Bachelor of Arts Second Class Honours (1st Division) in Early Childhood Studies
|PTUK :||UK Society for Play and Creative Arts Therapies|